Sunday, June 1, 2014

White-Washed Memo Board



My weekend was full of projects. Some were a success and some weren't (yet!!) This project I consider a success.

This is a simple project with big results. I created a shabby-chic display to organize all those little notes and receipts we all have lying around. Also perfect for displaying photos or cards!

 I was originally going to use chalk paint on the board, but after seeing a project by Gina at Shabby Creek Cottage, I decided to try white-wash instead.




I found these adorable clothespins in the bin section at Michael's. My first thought was, "I can make these myself." (As always!) But they were only $2 a pack. I couldn't make this many patterns for that price.




I used a long plank of balsa wood for the board. To make the white-wash, I mixed 4-parts paint to 1-part water. Using a sponge brush, I painted it on, let it sit for a couple minutes, then wiped it down with a rag. I repeated this process twice.


After the paint was dry, I laid out the clothespins on the board then marked where each would be glued.


I tried Weldbond glue for the first time and loved it. I wanted the ability to adjust the clothespins after gluing to make sure they were straight so hot glue was out of the question. This glue dries quickly and holds firm.



I applied a small amount of glue to each pin and the board, pressed it in place, then adjusted to make sure it was straight.


Finally, I hot glued a piece of twine to the back as a hanger.



Ready for all the reminder's!!


Linking up with:

WW Square 250

Crafty Allie


The Walker Fireside Chats





Lil Mrs Tori

funday-monday-button-300x288

MAD SKILLS LINK PARTY #209

 

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love that you can use each clip for a different day of the week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! There are so many uses for this. Notes, receipts, cards, photos...

      Delete
  2. What a perfect weekend DIY! That would have been my first thought finding those clothespins too but what a deal- gotta love Michaels! XO, D

    http://www.204park.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael's definitely rocks. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I definitely want to make one of these for some printed Instagram pictures! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cute!!! I want to see the finished product!

      Delete
  4. Very cute! I love the patterned clothespins!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty cute and you can't beat $2 a pack!!

      Delete
  5. This is adorable
    Would have loved to have this for the boys artwork when they were wee ones
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually did a version of this for another project I have coming up similar to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the white wash turned out great! Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, I need to make one like this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...