One of my favorite time-killers is to browse websites like Anthropologie, Pottery Barn, and One Kings Lane looking for pieces that inspire me. I love the challenge of trying to re-create my favorites.
I found this Anthropologie necklace and loved it. I had just read a refresher tutorial on making tassels so I really wanted to try my hand at it.
Off to Michael's I went!!!!
Materials: Necklace Chain // Embroidery Thread //Cardboard Template // O-rings //Scissors
I was in the mood for fun Springy colors so I chose these primary brights.
1. Start by wrapping the thread around the cardboard template until you have the desired size bundle.
2. Gently slide the bundle off of the template
3. With another piece of thread tie a knot around the tip of the bundle.
4. Cut through the long end of the bundle loop.
5. Gently brush the cut thread down
6. Slightly separate an O-ring and slide through the uncut end of the tassel.
7. Slide the ring around the chain and press closed.