Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 - the Year of Me



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy New Year!! I spent Christmas home with my family and it was great. I've never been a big celebrater of NYE or New Year so I'll be laying low.

Even though I don't have big celebration plans for ringing in the new year I do I have plans for 2014!! It will be the year of Cheryl. Now, I know that sounds a little conceited but I don't mind. This year I plan to work on me, celebrate me, and love me. Still sounding conceited.... Hmmm.

Here's a secret. I hate NYE and the whole New Year hoopla. Why? Because usually it means one more year has passed without me doing what I truly want, getting healthy, finding joy. So I decided this year would be about me changing that.

Getting healthy:

January 1 starts the Paleo journey! Yay! and Eek!!! I have friends who have done Whole 30 and eaten Paleo so I know I will survive... I  won't lie, a huge part of me just wants to be thinner. To be able to throw on an outfit instead of strategically planning one that will camouflage my belly and not emphasize my bottom. But I also have a need to be as healthy possible that I have have never had before.

I will be posting a bit about this whole experience. Partly to be held accountable [NO, I will not be posting my weight :-) ] and partly to hopefully encourage and inspire others to take control like I am.

Finding joy:

Something else I have learned about myself this year - I play it safe. In all aspects of life I play it extremely safe. I don't take risks, I never attempt anything I could possibly fail at, I don't let many people into my safe little world I have created, I stay home a lot because it's the safe world I have created for myself.

Well, guess what's not in my safe little world - adventure, happiness, joy, fun... I finally had to ask myself if would I rather live a safe life or a joyful one. I'm choosing joyful. And boy is that scary for me!! I'm going to have to take risks. I won't be able to control the outcome of everything I do. I won't be able to hide anymore. I will get hurt. I will feel disappointment. But I also have a feeling I will feel happiness. And feel young! I'm only 38 for pete's sake! Most of the time I act like I'm 70.

So I have big plans for ME for 2014. But I'm hoping that I will be able to bless and bring joy to others along the way. If I'm happy then I want to spread that happiness to others.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! Yay for the year of Cheryl! Can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your new and exciting journey for 2014!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...