Monday, February 17, 2014

DIY Cascading Bottle Bud Vases


I got the inspiration for these cascading vases from a photo posted by a boutique I follow on Facebook. They were buying them from a trade show as decor for their shop but I knew I could make it myself.

I was going to try find some old bottles for the project but when I ran across these bottles at Michael's they were too perfect to pass up.



Aren't these colors gorgeous? I'm re-doing my balcony decor and I'm going with these bright colors as the theme.

I used simple twine to hang the bottles. I made a knot (shown below) and slipped it over the neck of the bottle. After pulling it tight, I wrapped the twine around several times then tied a regular knot to secure.



I did the same for all four bottles trying to keep them evenly spaced.


Finally, I hung it from a nail and filled with greenery and carnation buds. 



I'm so glad I went with the colored bottles. When the sun shines on them it is gorgeous! This is the perfect addition to the balcony makeover.


Linking up with:


Two It Yourself

19 comments:

  1. The colored bottles really do make it look nice. I love the new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! What a great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear!! It was super-easy to make

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I LOVE the colors of those bottles!

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're pretty fabulous aren't they?

      Delete
  4. I am loving the colors of these bottles so much
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that is gorgeous Cheryl!! I love the colors! Now, please tell spring to come;) Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I certainly hope so!!! We haven't had anything like the other states but I am so ready for it!!!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be so perfect for an outdoor party (when it finally warms up) love this!

    Aloha Kathleen |House of Polynesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Perfect for that. I'm already thinking I need to make another one.

      Delete
  8. This is so pretty! I love how rustic and spring-like it looks! I really want to make one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It was a 15 minute project at the most. I'm going to make another soon!

      Delete
  9. This is really, really cute! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...