Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mod Decoupaged Eggs


I have been throwing around ideas for decorating Easter eggs for a few weeks. I was going to do burlap wrapped, then washi tape decorated, then fabric wrapped, and I finally decided on decoupaged.

I used ordinary plastic eggs, Mod Podge, and this fun wrapping paper from Michael's.


First, I cut the paper into wide strips. Then I painted the egg with Mod Podge and let it sit for a minute to get tacky. I started by wrapping a strip long-wise around the egg.


Then I used my finger with a dab of Mod Podge to smooth the edges down. I continued wrapping and smoothing until the entire surface was covered. All that was left was to let it dry.


I think they turned out looking a little like a mosaic.


Where to buy: 

Eggs, Mod Podge, paper: Michael's Stores
Tin planter, Easter Grass, faux moss stones: Dollar Tree
 
Linking up with:
 
The Social Media Milestone Linky Party #1 - Easter Recipes | Roxy's Kitchen @ http://www.roxyskitchen.com/
 
New WWLP Button

Crafty Allie

 
Lil' Mrs. Tori



 
funday-monday-button-300x288
 
 

17 comments:

  1. I love these. You are sooo creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brightly printed paper you chose!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Cash Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! I absolutely love the grass ones. This would be a fun project with the kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! So cute. The wrapping paper is so bright and fun, perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! the combination with the moss eggs s perfect. Great job Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look like mosaic! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look fantastic! And I love that you could use them for multiple years too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so simple - but so effective! They look like really expensive shop bought eggs! I'd love it if you'd come and share at my Easter linky - http://www.supermommyclub.com/25-family-friendly-easter-crafts-activities-recipes/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...