Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mod Decoupaged Eggs


I have been throwing around ideas for decorating Easter eggs for a few weeks. I was going to do burlap wrapped, then washi tape decorated, then fabric wrapped, and I finally decided on decoupaged.

I used ordinary plastic eggs, Mod Podge, and this fun wrapping paper from Michael's.


First, I cut the paper into wide strips. Then I painted the egg with Mod Podge and let it sit for a minute to get tacky. I started by wrapping a strip long-wise around the egg.


Then I used my finger with a dab of Mod Podge to smooth the edges down. I continued wrapping and smoothing until the entire surface was covered. All that was left was to let it dry.


I think they turned out looking a little like a mosaic.


Where to buy: 

Eggs, Mod Podge, paper: Michael's Stores
Tin planter, Easter Grass, faux moss stones: Dollar Tree
 
Linking up with:
 
The Social Media Milestone Linky Party #1 - Easter Recipes | Roxy's Kitchen @ http://www.roxyskitchen.com/
 
New WWLP Button

Crafty Allie

 
Lil' Mrs. Tori



 
funday-monday-button-300x288
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I love these. You are sooo creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brightly printed paper you chose!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Cash Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! I absolutely love the grass ones. This would be a fun project with the kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute and love the mossy ones!

    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these! So cute. The wrapping paper is so bright and fun, perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! the combination with the moss eggs s perfect. Great job Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do look like mosaic! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to try more designs now

      Delete
  8. Those look fantastic! And I love that you could use them for multiple years too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so simple - but so effective! They look like really expensive shop bought eggs! I'd love it if you'd come and share at my Easter linky - http://www.supermommyclub.com/25-family-friendly-easter-crafts-activities-recipes/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...